Important Information about our OFFICE during COVID-19
Dear Patients, Parents, and Guardians
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Following the guidelines and recommendations of these agencies, we have implemented new office protocols.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
· When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car (it is your new waiting room). Please call our office at 703-494-9118 upon arrival, and one of our team members will let you know when we are ready for you.
· Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for young patients. Of those, only one (1) parent/guardian may accompany the patient. The parent/guardian will have to wait in the waiting room. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed.
· Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment.
· Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If you temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and reschedule for a future date.
· A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked for all patients as well. Any question indicating recent exposure to COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave and reschedule for a future date.
· The tooth-brushing stations will be closed. They will now be used as hand washing/sanitizing stations only. Please brush your teeth before you arrive.
· The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
· Patients will be seated apart in the office to maintain social distancing.
· Patients will rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 30 seconds at the chair.
· We ask for your understanding while we try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
· Payments from Parents/Guardians: if you would like to make a payment, please call the office and one of the front desk staff will take your payment over the phone. If you would like to pay with check/cash, please send it with your child if possible.
· WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
· We will take the temperatures of every team member upon arrival to the office. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home.
· Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: