Important Information about our reopening during COVID-19
Dear Patients, Parents, and Guardians
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
We ask for your patience. We had to cancel over 600 appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We will eventually, but it will not be as efficient as we are used to in our office.
We have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first rescheduled basis, which is fair, efficient and will serve everyone with getting back on track. As stated in a previous email, we will be proactively scheduling your appointment based on your original date. Once we have moved your appointment, you will get an email and/or text confirmation through our automated system. If the new day/time does not work for you, please give us a call so we can reschedule the appointment. This will ensure everyone has a guaranteed appointment and that your appointment does not get pushed back even further if we cannot reach you. Please wait for the new appointment date/time before you call us to reschedule.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Following the guidelines and recommendations of these agencies, we have implemented new office protocols.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
· There will be limited patient appointments per day, to allow for social distancing and more time in between patients
· Emergencies will continue only to be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets (for example) do not constitute an emergency.
· Retainer checks will be postponed until end of June to allow for appointments for our patients in active treatment. However, please give us a call if you have lost or broken retainer.
· When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car (it is your new waiting room). Please call our office at 703-494-9118 upon arrival, and one of our team members will let you know when we are ready for you.
· Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for young patients. Of those, only one (1) parent/guardian may accompany the patient. The parent/guardian will have to wait in the waiting room. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed.
· Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment.
· Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If you temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and reschedule for a future date.
· A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked for all patients as well. Any question indicating recent exposure to COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave and reschedule for a future date.
· The tooth-brushing stations will be closed. They will now be used as hand washing/sanitizing stations only. Please brush your teeth before you arrive.
· The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
· Patients will be seated apart in the office to maintain social distancing.
· Patients will rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 30 seconds at the chair.
· We ask for your understanding while we try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
· Payments from Parents/Guardians: if you would like to make a payment, please call the office and one of the front desk staff will take your payment over the phone. If you would like to pay with check/cash, please send it with your child if possible.
· WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
· We will take the temperatures of every team member upon arrival to the office. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home.
· Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. We wish that were not the case, but it is. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: